When you have the benefit of a corner fireplace in your home, it provides warm, cozy ambiance and an opportunity to showcase your personal style. But how do you plan your fireplace in such a way that it highlights your home’s decor? Here are a few tips to help get you started.
7 Ways to Plan Your Corner Fireplace Around Your Home Decor
- The Minimalist Mantle. We’ve all seen them: mantles that look like a fire hazard because of all the clutter. If you choose to have a mantle for your fireplace, stick with one or two statement pieces rather than cluttering it with every family photo from the past two decades.
- Consider Color. If you want to create a spot that brings the entire room to a more minimalist, relaxed tone, consider accenting your fireplace with cool tones that relax the eye and mind. To warm up an otherwise calm decor, consider warmer tones to create a cozier environment.
- Cool Wall for More Options. Do you have the perfect art piece for above your fireplace, but you’re concerned about how well it will hold up with the heat? Our Cool Wall technology lets you place virtually anything above your fireplace without the risk of heat damage.
- Get Glassy. Modern gas fireplaces provide you with a wide range of options beyond the simple burning log. One modern aspect to consider is adding glass media to your fireplace’s base to add some sparkle and shine to that corner of the room.
- Soften the Edges. Modern doesn’t mean you’re stuck with harsh edges! Many options for fireplaces allow you to create softer edges around your room’s focal point, adding a little more warmth and a cozier spot to curl up on a rainy afternoon.
- Go Frameless. Instead of framing your fireplace in a tight rectangle, imagine having an open appearance that allows everyone in the room to enjoy the ambiance created by your fireplace. Frameless hearths get rid of the traditional box to spread the ambiance.
- Keep it Cool. Love the look of a fireplace but worried about burns when handling the heat barrier? Our Double Glass Heat Barrier gives you a beautiful appearance without transferring heat to the outside glass, leaving it cool to the touch.
When you consider these aspects of decor with your corner fireplace in mind, it becomes much easier to highlight that feature of your home without sacrificing your home’s unique appearance. If you’d like to look at your options to upgrade or add a modern fireplace to your home, please feel free to reach out to the experts at Ortal Heat today to get started.