Medical science has achieved many miracles not the least of which is eradicating some of the biggest killer diseases. It has developed treatment and vaccines for diseases. It has prevented infections and made complicated surgeries possible. Strange as it may sound, most diseases are managed in medical science, only infections can be completely eradicated (that too a certain set of them).Cancer is one of those diseases which does not have a definite trajectory of medication and cure. There is no one treatment for cancer. Treatment varies depending on where your cancer is and which stage it is in. Cancer treatment is expensive more so when the cancer happens inside the body where invasive surgical procedures need to be performed.
Colon cancer is the cancer of the colon, which is a part of the large intestine. Colon cancer is part of the many gastrointestinal cancers that can affect your body. If not detected in time, the cancer can spread to other parts of the body, most notably the rectum and other parts of the gastrointestinal tract.
Chemotherapy and surgery are two of the treatment options available to patients. Treatment is expensive and people can find it difficult to access even at a subsidized rate in a government hospital. Medical loans are not a good option and many people simply do not have enough resources to support this treatment. Medical fundraising is a way out for these people.
Crowdfunding is the process by which a large number of people contribute small amounts of money to raise a large amount of money over a period of time. Usually the money is raised for a particular cause, here the treatment of colon cancer. Crowdfunding for cancer treatment has become quite popular all over the world and it provides a large chunk of the traffic of crowdfunding sites. Here is a guideline on how to raise money to fund your cancer treatment:
- Choose a crowdfunding platform that you think is suitable for you. Make sure the platform provides you with a campaign manager for the service fees they are charging. Remember when it comes to crowdfunding, cheapest in not always the best.
- Start a fundraiser on your chosen crowdfunding platform. Your fundraiser should be lucid and it should be able to express your conundrum very clearly. In order to increase the credibility of your fundraiser, upload pictures of important medical documents. Your site should also be able to “verify” your campaign.
- Create a short campaign video if possible. In it, you should accommodate an appeal by the cancer patient.
- Once you have done with the fundraiser, you should send your fundraiser to people. You can do this on social media and through email. You should also talk to people personally and ask them to make contributions.
- The significance of cancer crowdfunding is that it appeals to people from different social backgrounds. You can therefore get in touch with people who are not part of your social circle. In order to do this, you need to actively campaign on social media and ask your contacts to do the same.
- If you think you do not have enough outreach on social media, create a team of people who do have outreach. A team can help you contact other people and talk to people in their language. They can also help you with the day to day functioning of the campaign.
There are various ways of funding your colon cancer treatment. Crowdfunding is one of the better ones because it is risk free and low investment.