An inpatient treatment program in Palm Beach County offers residents a more structured treatment program than an outpatient program. Also referred to as residential programs, inpatient treatment programs are designed to address every facet of addiction. Inpatient rehab facilities are substance-free facilities where patients receive around-the-clock medical care and therapy.
Who Inpatient Treatments Work For
Inpatient treatment programs are perfect for those battling chronic addiction and those with behavioral or mental disorders. Experts agree inpatient rehab programs can help individuals maintain long-term recovery.
While outpatient patient treatment programs are perfect for those with less severe and short-term addictions, those with severe addiction or long-term substance abuse issues often need inpatient treatment.
Inpatient Rehab Program Services
Inpatient treatment programs utilize a combination of medically supported treatments along with a variety of therapies to help patients achieve success. A residential treatment program is extremely helpful for those with severe addiction because they require the person stay in treatment for the amount of time necessary to affect change.
Inpatient programs range from 30 to 90 days in length but can be longer if necessary. Inpatient treatment centers treat a range of health issues, including anxiety, depression, PTSD and more, in addition to substance abuse disorders.
In a residential program, treatment consists of:
- Detox: When residents enter an inpatient treatment facility, they will be put through a medically supervised detox program. This helps them safely and comfortably get through the withdrawal period before starting the next phase of treatment.
- Individualized treatment plans: Next, residents are assessed, and an individualized treatment plan is developed. Addiction treatment professionals will work one-on-one with each resident to assess their specific needs and help them define their goals.
- Therapy sessions: Both individual and group therapy sessions will be offered regularly to help residents uncover the motivations behind their drug addictions. During therapy, they will also learn coping skills for dealing with cravings and triggers to use drugs after they leave therapy.
- 12-step meetings: Additionally, inpatient rehab treatment centers will provide 12-step group meetings both onsite during their treatment and off-campus after their rehab ends.
- Aftercare: The staff will help each resident develop an aftercare plan which will help support their recovery and help them avoid relapse. Aftercare prevention includes regular attendance at 12-step meetings, counseling, and strategies to help prevent a relapse when cravings or triggers present themselves.
- Discharge: After an aftercare is developed, residents are discharged. It is important residents follow up with their aftercare treatment as it will help increase their odds of maintaining long-term sobriety and prevent a relapse.
While inpatient and outpatient treatment programs are very helpful to those recovering from substance abuse, studies show that longer programs are more successful for those with severe addiction than short-term programs. An inpatient treatment program in Palm Beach County can help, contact us today.